Disney unveils a new, anorexic Minnie Mouse that promotes an extreme and unhealthy body type. - Sign this petition, demand Disney be responsible in advocating for healthy body image
“The standard Minnie Mouse will not look so good in a Lanvin dress,” said Barneys creative director Dennis Freedman, describing the design decision. “If we’re going to make this work, we have to have a 5-foot-11 Minnie.” Rather than making fashion for realistic body types, designers have used computer animation to make grotesque caricatures of the human body. This “re-imagining” turns children’s favorite characters into emaciated, impossibly-proportioned supermodels.
Corporations will continue to push the envelope in terms of sex appeal, and as citizen-consumers it’s our job to push back and fight for healthy bodies in the media. Join us in getting these harmful images away from children’s characters, and ensuring realistic fashion icons.
15 Notes/ Hide
- unicornpartypeople reblogged this from malefeminist
- unicornpartypeople likes this
- becuriouswithlife reblogged this from kcalron
- gypsywiththebendyback reblogged this from kcalron and added:
- kcalron reblogged this from malefeminist
- thegrrlwho reblogged this from malefeminist
- ladymizra reblogged this from malefeminist
- wergeland reblogged this from malefeminist
- honey-bags likes this
- perkhoel reblogged this from malefeminist and added:
- malefeminist posted this